Friday, January 18, 2013

116 Peet's teas

I'm feeling a little depressed after purchasing my textbooks for the fast approaching semester. It got me thinking about how much money we are forced to spend on really heavy books that we won't actually read or retain most of. I really feel like the system is rigged; that's why professors make you buy the book they wrote themselves, isn't it? It's a vicious cycle, and made me start thinking about all the other ways I could be using the same amount money I spent on textbooks, such as...

116 cups of Peet's teas to fuel my studying
30 super burritos (my favorite kind of food)
28 dozen doughnuts from Krispie Kreme (you can see where my head's at...)
Easily three sets of concert tickets, including the cost of the BART ticket to get to San Francisco
6 tanks of gas, in the Bay Area at least
and likely the cost of one fabulous dress from Anthropologie.

The whole thing is a little maddening, and just one more reminder about how poor I am. But I think the best thing to do is channel this anger into my studies in order to graduate and get a JOB that will allow me to live a comfortable life. So that's the goal; think positive while also gearing up for my next set of classes starting next week. Wish me luck, because I'm not sure how realistic that is. :P
Hope everyone else has gotten off to a good start back to school!


No comments:

Post a Comment